Building your fitness studio’s virtual presence is more important than ever. Even after this crisis blows over, your students will likely have a whole new set of expectations that include having online access to their fitness studio.
We get it. You’re a fitness instructor, not a virtual systems strategist. You didn’t get into this career to spend hours behind your computer trying to figure out how to get all of the tech to work together.
You got into this business to help people. And your people need you more than ever before.
3 Reasons Your Fitness Studio Needs a Virtual Offer During Corona Virus Quarantine
- Let me repeat that. Your students need you. They need to maintain a healthy lifestyle if they are going fight this thing. More importantly, they need stability. They need to know they can count on you.
- This could be the only income your studio brings in for a while and if this can happen once, it can happen again. Be prepared.
- If you don’t, someone else will. It’s hard enough for a small business like yours to stay financial afloat during these difficult times. If your students find another studio with a virtual offer, they may not return after the crisis is resolved.
5 Virtual Products or Services Fitness Studios Can Offer During the Corona Virus Quarantine
Are you convinced? Good. Now you need to determine what kind of virtual products or services are right for your fitness studio and how you can get them set up quickly.
Don’t worry. We’ve done the research for you.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are 5 virtual products or services you could start offering right away.
No. 1 – Live Online Fitness Classes
Give your students that stability they need by offering live online fitness classes exclusively to your students. Of course, you’ll get bonus points if you are able to continue your normal class schedule, but even if you can offer one or two live classes per day that’s something.
There are few ways to accomplish this and we’ve listed our favorites below.
- Private Facebook Group (Free) – This can work for small studios with a membership only model… meaning students aren’t able to pay for individual classes or with a punch card. You can invite students to join the group and ‘go live’ a few minutes before you class is scheduled to begin.
- Acuity Scheduling and LiveStorm ($15/month) – This works for any membership style – We love it it because it’s inexpensive and provides a seamless process for class registration and payment.
- Create Live Fitness Classes Using Zype (over $500/month) – If you want a complete solution similar to Crunch Live, this is the option for you. We aren’t sure exactly what the cost would be after factoring in the software and gear, but it will likely be pretty pricey.
Need a little help? Our new ebook “The Virtual Studio Blueprint” will walk you through the process step-by-step. Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the wait list.
No. 2 – On-Demand Fitness Classes
This virtual service will allow your students and new students to gain access to prerecorded fitness videos at their own convenience. If you are interested in offering only on demand, prerecorded video classes, Sellfy is a great choice.
- Sellfy ($29/month) – Sellfy is an e-commerce platform that will allow you to sell digital products, like prerecorded videos or ebooks. You could charge non-members per video and give paying members a unique private code that will allow them to access the videos for free.
Best of all… you can set up your Sellfy store in minutes.
No. 3 – One-On-One Virtual Training or Fitness Coaching
Give your students the chance to get a little more attention and guidance by offering customized one-on-one sessions. I’d suggest using the same tools you would use for live fitness classes.
- Acuity Scheduling and LiveStorm ($15/month) – Students can easily schedule their personal training session through acuity based on your availability. An added bonus is that you won’t have to pay anything extra to offer this additional service if you already plan on offering live classes.
**NOTE: LIVESTORM IS OFFERING THEIR PREMIUM PLAN FOR FREE UNTIL THE COVID-19 CRISIS IS RESOLVED**
No. 4 – Fitness Focused Ebook
Is there something specific your studio is known for or maybe a topic that could help your students improve their skill? Creating an ebook is a great ways to help your students grow. There a handful of easy-to-use e-commerce platforms, but Sellfy is my favorite.
- Sellfy ($29/month) – Sellfy makes the set up and delivery of your ebook a breeze. You can even create an ebook for free using Canva.
No. 5 – Create Physical Products for Your Fitness Studio
Give your students the opportunity to support and represent your studio by designing and selling T-shirts, hoodies, joggers, hats, and even tote bags. In this case, I’d suggest using Shopify for your online store.
- Shopify ($29/month) – Shopify integrates perfectly with print-on-demand companies like Printful and Printify. You won’t have to print or ship a thing.
BONUS – Create An Online Course for Your Fitness Studio
Online courses are huge right now and will continue to grow in popularity for quite some time. Similar to ebooks, online courses are great for those who are known for something specific or have an idea that could help their students master a skill or technique. Online courses are typically more expensive and provide more value and in-depth teaching than an ebook.
There are a lot of online course platforms popping up all over, but only a couple that I’d recommend.
- Thinkific ($49/month) – Thinkific is an easy and affordable solution that allows you to create, market, and sell your online course.
- Kartra ($99/month) – Kartra also easy easy to use and affordable. There’s a bit of a learning curve, but it offers more marketing tools like funnels and email automation.
I love Kartra as an all in one marketing platform, but Thinkific is my absolute favorite for newbies who want to get up and running quickly, easily, and affordably.
Things to Consider Before Creating Virtual Offers for Your Fitness Studio
Music – Check out Soundstripe for worry-free music licensing.
Equipment (Yours) – You can absolutely start out with a webcam, but you may eventually want to upgrade your equipment.
Equipment (Theirs) – Keep in mind that your students probably won’t have a full gym inside their home. Be creative when suggesting props and modifying exercises.
Legal – Speak with your lawyer to find out what you should do regarding safety and disclosures.
We know it’s a lot to take in, but we are here to help. Shoot us an email and let us know where you’re struggling and how we can assist.